CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR THE WORKSHOP ON SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE, PEACE AND SOCIETY OF CAPAZ AND UNIVERSIDAD EXTERNADO DE COLOMBIA
The German-Colombian Peace Institute – CAPAZ and the Faculty of Finance, Government and International Relations of Universidad Externado de Colombia are pleased to announce the call for applications for the workshop “Towards a Research Agenda on Scientific Knowledge, Society and Peacebuilding in Colombia” (Hacia una Agenda de Investigación sobre Conocimiento Científico, Sociedad y Construcción de Paz en Colombia).
The workshop will take place on December 10 and 11, 2018 in Bogotá, Colombia (time and place to be confirmed).
After the signing of the Final Agreement between the Colombian government and the guerrilla FARC-EP, three topics define the national public agenda: scientific knowledge, peace building and socio-economic development. The workshop aims to formulate a research agenda based on original, initial or ongoing research projects which work these critical issues. Research based on empirical evidence or self-reflection will be specially considered. This call is addressed to professors and researchers, whose work analyzes the relationship between scientific knowledge, peacebuilding and society.
General terms and conditions:
– The workshop has a quota of 20 participants. The CAPAZ Institute will grant up to 5 scholarships (transport and accommodation) to participants coming from other Colombian cities or regions outside Bogotá.
– Fill out the online form available for registration.
– Submit a document of maximum 1,000 (one thousand) words describing the research in progress or to be carried out.
– Send CV of maximum 3 pages.
– The documentation must be sent as a single pdf file to email@example.com with the subject: “Call for scientific knowledge, society and peace building workshop”.
Deadline for submission of documentation: Thursday, 29 November 2018
Applications sent after the mentioned deadline or with incomplete required documentation will not be considered.
– Call’s opening: November 19, 2018
– Call’s closing date: November 30, 2018
– Selection of participants: December 3, 2018
– Workshop: December 10 and 11, 2018
Further information and contact: