Colombia, food and truth: reconnecting with our roots in the Colombian Pacific
Join us on Tuesday, June 23, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. (Colombia), 6:00 p.m. (Germany) to celebrate this country that touches our palates and our hearts. The leader, cantaora, weaver and cookery expert Virgelina Chalá will take us on a story-filled culinary journey through the Colombian Pacific, through memory and truth.
Virgelina Chalá will talk and cook with:
- Carlos Beristain, Truth Commissioner.
- Peter Ptassek, German Ambassador to Colombia.
- Stefan Peters, Academic Director of CAPAZ, a partner of Nodo Alemania in support of the Truth Commission.
- Juana Corral y Lorena Díez, representatives of Nodo Alemania in support of the Truth Commission.
- Helga Flamtermesky, representative of Diaspora Women in Barcelona.
The website for the European support groups: www.comisionverdadcol-eu.org will be launched on the occasion of this event.
We extend a special invitation to Colombians living in Europe and other latitudes where the Truth Commission works with support groups (nodos), which serve as the voice of Colombia “outside”. We also welcome all those who are interested in Colombia and in the country’s processes of transition, justice, and truth.
Get your kitchen and these ingredients ready to prepare delicious “aborrajaos”, typical of the Colombian Pacific:
– Ripe plantain
– Wheat flour
– Double cream cheese
– Food colouring
– Oil for frying
This event has been organised by CAPAZ, the Truth Commission and its Europe groups, as well as the International Catalan Institute for Peace – ICIP, which serves as the Commission’s technical secretariat in Europe.
(NW Text: Claudia Maya. English version: Tiziana Laudato)