The indigenous women of Peru and Colombia talk about peace
Indigenous women of Peru and Colombia will exchange experiences on conflict and peace in countries working on transitional justice. The event will be held on May 5, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. (Colombian time) and broadcast on UR Intercultural Facebook Live.
The panel will include:
– Mayora Lejandrina Pastor, Councillor for Women, Family and Generation of the National Organisation of Indigenous Peoples of Colombia (ONIC) and Commissioner of the National Commission of Indigenous Women.
– Pascha Bueno-Hansen, researcher and lecturer at the University of Delaware.
– Ana Iris Loperena, Wiwa leader and defender of territory affected by the armed conflict in Colombia.
– Belkys Izquierdo, first Arhuaca magistrate of the Special Jurisdiction for Peace (JEP).
– Adriana Fernández, teacher and representative of DEMUS (Peruvian feminist organisation), BA in psychology, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
At the transnational dialogue, Pascha Bueno-Hansen will present her most recent book entitled “Derechos feministas y humanos en el Perú”, published in Spanish by the Instituto de Estudios Peruanos. Bueno-Hansen is an associate professor of women’s and gender studies at the University of Delaware and her research focuses on Latin American feminisms, transitional justice and the indigenous world. The book is an approach to the work of the Peruvian Truth and Reconciliation Commission from decolonial feminism and intersectional perspectives in which Bueno-Hansen reveals the need to recognise the structural roots of the atrocities committed in the Peruvian armed conflict in order to achieve a lasting and sustainable peace.
Pascha Bueno-Hansen briefly explains her book to be launched at the event, in this video on the CAPAZ YouTube channel
The conversation and book launch will be moderated by Ángela Santamaría, director of the Intercultural School of Indigenous Diplomacy EIDI at Universidad del Rosario and CAPAZ scientific collaborator, Juliana González. Sergio Pulgarín, vice-president of Universidad del Rosario will participate as the special guest to close the series.
This will be the closing session for the online series “Dilemmas of the post-agreement in Colombia”, held during April and May 2021 and organised by the JANUS Centre for Conflict and Peace at Universidad del Rosario, and supported by CAPAZ, the Colombian Institute of Anthropology and History ICANH, the Centre for Research and Popular Education CINEP and the UNESCO Chair for Latin America.
(NW: Event organisation, Claudia Maya. English: Tiziana Laudato)