Universidad de Antioquia seminar on the narratives of conflict, peace, and reconciliation
CAPAZ associate member Universidad de Antioquia has set up an academic cooperation project together with the University of Groningen in the Netherlands, focusing on peace, conflict, and reconciliation studies.
At the graduate and doctoral level, this academic cooperation has led to the organisation of the international online seminar entitled: “Narratives of conflict, peace, and reconciliation”. The academic event seeks to provide a space for reflection, recognition, exchange, and progress on the topic of the seminar.
The programme will run from October 28, 2020 to May 26, 2021, starting at 9:00 a.m. (Colombia time) and will run in monthly sessions (with the exception of January 2021), and the following topics will be examined:
– Conflicts: methodologies and narratives. October 28, 2020.
– Geopolitics of Peace. November 25, 2020.
– Methodologies of intervention for peacebuilding. February 24, 2021.
– Narratives of reincorporation and reintegration. March 24, 2021.
– Challenges to peace in the face of social protest. April 28, 2021.
– Representation of the context of conflict and peace in Latin American literature. May 26, 2021.
Specifically, the seminar will review the state of research (theoretical and methodological advances); the pedagogical experiences of training in these areas at the graduate level; the possibilities of joint research projects; the feasibility of conducting a joint summer school in 2021 and granting double degrees to doctoral students from both institutions; and, finally, the possible opportunities for inter-institutional exchange and collaboration.
Those interested can register for the international seminar via the online form (in Spanish)
Note: CAPAZ is not the organiser of this event, for more information and contact, please contact the organisers directly.
(NW Text: Claudia Maya. English: Tiziana Laudato)