12. INTERNATIONAL INTER-UNIVERSITY CHAIR CONTINUING THE PATH TOWARDS PEACE: THE LEGACY OF COLOMBIA’S TRUTH COMMISSION
The International Inter-University Chair Continuing the Road to Peace: The Legacy of Colombia’s Truth Commission is an initiative intended to strengthen the appropriation of the legacy of the Commission for the Clarification of Truth, Coexistence and Non-Repetition (CEV), through a proposal built by different universities in Colombia and Germany, based on the structure and characteristics of the CEV’s final report.
The purpose of this chair is to discuss the findings and reflect on the legacy of the Commission for the Clarification of Truth, Coexistence and Non-Repetition (CEV), among a variety of audiences, especially students from different university programmes.
The International Inter-University Chair: The Legacy of the Truth Commission will be held during the second semester of 2022, on Fridays of the 16 weeks corresponding to Colombia’s academic calendar. The chair will run on-site and online, transmitted on the CAPAZ YouTube channel and those of the universities.
The course is free of charge, however, if you wish to obtain certification, you must first register by clicking on the following link: https://forms.gle/Z1QBCpvZxpqeZ9c48 and 80% attendance. The sessions will be held in the morning hours as defined by each university in charge of the session.
- August 12. INAUGURATION. Introduction: The legacy of the CEV, peace and universities (UIS, Barrancabermeja).
- August 19. The Struggles for the Past: History, Memory and Truth (Universidad del Rosario, Bogota).
- August 26. Truth Commissions: Comparative Perspectives (UPB, Montería)
- September 2. Truth Commissions and Efforts for Memory in Colombia (Universidad Nacional Sede La Paz, Valledupar)
- September 9. The Role of the CEV in the Integral System of Truth, Justice, Reparation and Non-Repetition (UNAB, Bucaramanga)
- September 16. Methodology: How was the truth constructed in the Truth Commission (University of Caldas, Manizales).
- September 23rd. Listening for the Truth in the Key of Reconciliation (Uninorte, Barranquilla)
- September 30. Historical Narrative (UdeA, Turbo)
- October 7. Structural Racism (Universidad del Atlántico, Barranquilla, Centro Cultural)
- October 14. Gender and Intersectionality (Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Cali)
- October 21. Childhood (University of Ibagué, Ibagué)
- October 28th. Communication (Externado University of Colombia).
- November 4. Museums and the legacy of the Truth Commission (University of Medellin).
- November 11. Exile
- November 18. Recommendations (Universidad de los Andes, Cartagena campus)
- November 25. Political Education (Universidad del Cauca, Popayán).
find out more:
Andrea Neira – Instituto CAPAZ
Marcela Pardo – Instituto CAPAZ