Call CAPAZ-JLU: “The state of the art on the history and memory surrounding the storming and repossession of the Palace of Justice in Colombia”
Call for Application: “The state of the art on the history and memory surrounding the storming and repossession of the Palace of Justice in Colombia”
The Chair for Peace Studies at the Justus Liebig University Giessen and CAPAZ are please to call upon researchers in the social sciences and humanities to prepare a paper on the state of the art of the history and memory of the events of the storming and recapture of the Palace of Justice in Colombia in November 1985. The paper will be part of a CAPAZ and JLU Giessen led research project on events involving assaults on power in Latin America, with the takeover of the Palace of Justice in Colombia as the central theme.
Terms and conditions:
- Researchers must produce a 30-40 page document on the state of the art of the events at the Palace of Justice in Colombia, focusing on the progress made, but also on the historical gaps or questions and their consequences for historical memory in Colombia.
- The document must be written in Spanish.
- The work can be conducted individually or in groups.
- The deadline for submission is June 1, 2021.
- Payment for writing the document is 2.500,00 € (two thousand five hundred Euros), which will be awarded on the basis of a grant agreement.
- Depending on the assessment of the CAPAZ Editorial Board, the document may eventually be published as part of the CAPAZ Working Paper series.
Eligibility. Applicants must:
- Hold a master’s degree in history, literature, sociology, social sciences, political science, or related fields.
- Demonstrate previous experience in research on history and memory, as well as ethical standards and principles in social science research.
- Have consolidated experience in research on the conflict or armed violence in Colombia.
(NW: Claudia Maya, from ToR. English: Tiziana Laudato)