The twelve winners of “Snapshots of Peace”! Meet them and vote for your favourites
- Gareca – Gerald Bermúdez.
- Des_componiendo Dogmas – Miyer Paniagua Sánchez.
- A pesar de todo – Edwin Cubillos Rodríguez.
- La graduación de Jáner, ex miembro del ELN – Jaír Fernando Coll Rubiano.
- Sin fronteras – Brayan Andrés Ocoro Angulo.
- Recorridos por la Tierra Herida – Ariel Arango Prada.
- Manos que construyen, manos que trabajan tejiendo país – Laura Consuelo Domínguez Chitiva.
- Para volar no se necesitan alas – Álvaro Salamanca Balen.
- Honrar a los sagrados espíritus – Andrés Felipe Restrepo Palacio.
- Clamor por la sustitución de cultivos ilícitos en Tumaco – María Alejandra Ordóñez Palacios.
- La prometedora juventud entre sueños y cuadernos – Luis Felipe Rodríguez Cazares.
- Ser y seguir – Sergio Luis Ramírez Serrato.
These photographs will each receive a cash prize and be published in the CAPAZ 2021 calendar, distributed in Colombia, Germany and other countries.
The twelve winners, as voted by the public
Supporters can choose their favourites from the group of twelve winners and the three with the most “likes” will receive an additional prize.
Voting is open from now until Wednesday, 11 November 2020 at 23:59 (Colombia time) on the CAPAZ Instagram profile: @instituto_capaz
The “Snapshots of Peace” jury was made up of well-known Colombian and German personalities: renowned photographer Federico Rios, who in the last decade has captured a country in the making for international media such as The New York Times or National Geographic; Luisa González, an outstanding young and courageous photographer, whose photos are published by the Reuters news agency; the German Ambassador, Peter Ptassek, who set his German eyes and heart on Colombia; and researchers Angelika Rettberg (Universidad de Los Andes) and Anne Huffschmid (Freie Universität Berlin). They had no easy task in choosing the winners, given the quality of the photo entries.
Awards and discussions
Join the online awards ceremony hosted by CAPAZ Academic Director, Prof. Dr. Stefan Peters, and the German Ambassador to Colombia, Peter Ptassek, on Wednesday, November 25, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
The meeting will also serve as an opportunity to join the discussion: “Luces y sombras: desafíos de hacer fotografía en tiempos de transición hacia la paz”, about the challenges of the exercise of photography in times of transition to peace, and how to reveal its contrasts and hopes through the lens. The open dialogue will be hosted by Federico Rios, Luisa González and Angelika Rettberg. Detailed information about the event will be published on our website soon.
Be sure to join us for the “Snapshots of Peace” online award ceremony and the discussion with our exclusive guests!
Browse the winning photos and vote for your favourites on our Instagram profile
Press release (.pdf, in Spanish)
(NW Text: Claudia Maya. English: Tiziana Laudato)